Wednesday 18 October 2017

Thank You With A Flourish : by Jennie

Hello and thank you for joining me for what is really a rather simple project, but a card which is very handy to have "in the box"!


To me a simplicity in card making is essential given the numbers that we sometimes need and it struck me that some of the wonderful CCP flourishes would make a great base for a card but without being too bulky.


I started with a base of craft cardstock and layered another two layers on top for sturdiness. I intended to keep my tones neutral so chose this plain handwritten text cardstock.


Then I added the wonderful Flowering Vine Flourish with that great little "circle"element at its base. I did no more than add a little white acrylic paint to the wood effect to maintain the neutral palette.


I added a little flower cluster (muslin, hessian string and a handmade flower) on that lower circle, again keeping the colours neutral.  A little butterfly balances the design outwards to the top right hand corner.


I normally leave cards at this stage and stamp a number of different sentiments on my tags so I can add something appropriate as needed. But to complete the card I decided to make this a "thank you" card.


So very simple ..... yet so very effective.


As always thank you for joining me today and happy crafting!

Jennie x


Calico Craft Parts used:

PS If you would like a tutorial for the rolled rose flower, then please click the link HERE which will take you to a tutorial on my blog.


4 comments:

  1. Simple or not...I love this arrangement and the delicate feel, Jennie! A beautiful card!
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just lovely, Jennie - and you're right, the Craft Parts make it so easy to create a simple, quick card, but one which looks a million dollars. Your handmade rose, of course, is the crowning touch!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and elegant idea for a card. Your handmade flowers are always perfection and how wonderfully they go with the Calico Craft Parts. xx

    ReplyDelete