Monday 2 January 2017

Julie Ann's Favourites of 2016

Hello and Welcome! I can't believe that 2017 is here! I hope you all had a great Holiday and that 2017 will be a creative and happy year for you! Thank you so much for the support you have given me on Calico over the last year and for stopping by the Calico Craft Parts Blog today. 

2016 was such an exciting year for me. It was a dream come true to be invited to join this lovely and talented design team - I've enjoyed myself so much! What a privilege it's been to be allowed to play with all these beautiful art parts, boxes and 3D kits! I'm so grateful to Helen at Calico Craft Parts for giving me this opportunity to create with her gorgeous products and to ZuZu, our wonderful coordinator, as well as my colleagues: Lesley, Claudia and Jennie who are so inspiring to work with.

When I joined the Team back in June, I started off by using a combination of Calico birds and beasts to create this homage to Frida Kahlo, My Reality, a little reversed box canvas.



One of my favourite things about Calico Craft Parts is that they are the perfect inspiration for story-telling. Gather together some beautifully detailed pieces, mix and match and then add a sprinkling of imagination and there's a brand new story to be told.



With Delightful Discoveries, my blog post for 18th July, I decided to bring one of the charming Calico House Kits to life by giving it tiny clay sneakers! I wonder where my little house lady is travelling to and what discoveries she might make on her journey? If she gets tired she can always use those wings to carry her over the fields and the forests to her destination! 



Finally, everyone needs a helping hand sometimes. This Domestic Goddess, created from a combination of a Calico Art Doll and Shrine Kit with a heart plaque for a face, was at the ready with the twine for gift wrapping from October 24th throughout the Christmas Period. 

Thank You for re-visiting my 2016 Calico Makes with me today! I hope that 2017 will be a truly creative year for you and that you will be able to share some of your own projects on your blogs and in challenges during 2017. Please join me back here in a fortnight's time to see my first Calico make for the New Year.

10 comments:

  1. What a delight to re-visit these exquisite creations, Julie Ann. Thank you for taking me on yet another magical journey! May 2017 be your favorite year EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you an equally magical and creative 2017, Heather, full of exciting and imaginative journeys. xxx

      Delete
  2. these are gorgeous art projects! I look forward to more inspiration from you and other team members in 2017! thanks for all the beauties you create and wishing you a splendid new year! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you a brilliant and creative New year too, Michele. I can't wait to see what you and all my friends will be creating. It's so lovely to be inspired by one another. xx

      Delete
  3. Your wonderful magical creations certainly do tell lovely stories Julie Ann! So full of delight and brilliant details.
    Here's to another fun year of creating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Patty. I've had so much fun this past year. I can't wait to get back to creating again and catching up with the work of my dear friends too! xxx

      Delete
  4. So lovely to see your enchanting house with the clay sneakers again julie ann!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy. That little house is very dear to my heart. xxx

      Delete
  5. How on earth do you choose your favourite children Julie Ann? Love these three, and the sneakers just got the edge. Love them all, you are so clever! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, Hazel - they are a bit like my children! Thank You so much for all your support and kind comments here and elsewhere! xxx

      Delete