I'll be honest and say that i did fish this out of my bucket (the place where things end up that i don't like after altering!) But it seemed a shame to waste it, so i fished it back out and restarted it.....this is how it turned out............
I used an assortment of Decoart media acrylics on the book box, gradually building up the colours.
I used touches of crackle medium in patches on the back.
Using a palette knife and soft modelling paste, i scraped it around the edge of the box. The face on the front is from one of my twins dolls. I cut the back of her head off and packed her full of foil. Then glued her to the box. I added detail using some clay. Next was the inside.......
The lips were set into a dollop of clay and left to set before gluing down.
The little faces were made by twin number one. I painted them before gluing down.
I used the mini rectangle plaques for my words.
Glad i took the time to rescue the box. ;)
Thanks for reading.xx
MDF book Box
Mini rectangle plaques