Wednesday 27 April 2016

Her Lips Were Sealed by Lesley

Hey people. Lesley here with an altered book box.

I'll be honest and say that i did fish this out of my bucket (the place where things end up that i don't like after altering!) But it seemed a shame to waste it, so i fished it back out and restarted it.....this is how it turned out............


I used an assortment of Decoart media acrylics on the book box, gradually building up the colours. 


I used touches of crackle medium in patches on the back.


Using a palette knife and soft modelling paste, i scraped it around the edge of the box. The face on the front is from one of my twins dolls. I cut the back of her head off and packed her full of foil. Then glued her to the box. I added detail using some clay.  Next was the inside.......


The lips were set into a dollop of clay and left to set before gluing down.


The little faces were made by twin number one. I painted them before gluing down.


I used the mini rectangle plaques for my words.


Glad i took the time to rescue the box. ;)

Thanks for reading.xx

Ingredients used.
MDF book Box
Mini rectangle plaques

No comments:

Post a Comment